Thursday 23 September 2010

Quilted Cushion Cover

I got lots of sewing done this week! It will take a few blog posts to get through it all. 

:)

Here's my first completed project. I was sorting out some fabric and found an old project I started years ago.

All the quilting had been done, it just needed to be sewn together.
To do the quilting, you need one piece of fabric for the front, a piece of wadding the same size and then some backing. Pin together and then sew. Then repeat for the other side of the cushion.



I sewed it right sides together, leaving a gap and then turned it the right way out. Then, I stuffed it with wadding scraps and sewed the hole up.


It's an easy way to brighten up your room!

:)

4 comments:

  1. I love anything that is quilted. Really I do. If I could, I'd wear a quilt dress. (just kidding, maybe)

    Cute pillow! I think I'm going to make some too!

    ReplyDelete