Friday, 15 October 2010


Recently, I've made two more bags.

This one is sewn with a matching lining.

The bright yellow makes me happy. :)

This bag is made very similar to how I make grocery bag holders. (here, here and here)
The only change is that I didn't put a drawstring at the bottom but just sewed it up.

Bags are satisfying and moderately easy to sew.
Go on, give it a go!

I will be back with some tutorials soon, I just need to make the crafts!


Wednesday, 13 October 2010


Hi again!

I just thought I'd let you know that I've been playing around with the blog background and layout, sorry if it caused any problems!

What do y'all think to the new look?

P.S. Scroll down for the latest giveaway!

A giveaway!

Hello again!

I have another giveaway up for grabs!

The first person to email me at: lizzydesigns1 [at] gmail [dot] com will win:

The best gift I could ever give you!

A Bible...

(If you haven't guessed by now, I like making bag holders!)

The Bible is the single book that has changed my life beyond recognition.
I now have someone to live for...Someone Who died for me!
Even if you don't win the Bible, you can check it out online here.

Get your email in quick!

I'll be back in a few days with some more of my creations.

Bye for now!


Monday, 11 October 2010

More sewing!

Hello again!

Here's another few projects I've completed recently.

I really enjoyed using my favourite fabrics to make this pot holder.

I simply scrap-pieced some fabric together, chose some backing fabric, sandwiched them with some wadding. Then, I made some binding. My binding tutorial is here. Unusually for me, I hand-stitched some of the binding.  A pot holder is basically a mini-quilt which holds pots. 

It needed some quilting to complete it, so without hesitation I chose to use embroidery thread. Embroidery thread is amazing.

I also made a tutu out of a net curtain and a belt. Yeah. You did just read that right! I've seen many tutus on blog-land and have really wanted to give it a go for sometime. 

To begin with, I cut an ladies size down to size I thought was small enough to fit a child. I then sealed the end of the belt with nail varnish and left it to dry.

Then, I cut lengths of the net curtain and slip-knotted them onto the belt, making sure the slip-knots all faced the same way.

I'm hoping a little girl will enjoy playing with it!

I have one more thing to show you today.

Here's a skirt that I altered from a ladies one size fits all to a child's size.

To do this, I sewed up and down the waistband a few times near to where I wanted to cut it. Do this both sides. This stops the elastic pinging! Cut the waistband and then simply sew up the sides. Finally, I took some fabric off the bottom and re-hemmed it to make it shorter.