Thursday, 3 June 2010

Sock Animals from Homemade by Jill and some new fabric!


This week, I've been making sock animals!


I hadn't made anything like this before, so did a practise one with some old socks.


After I had had a practise and was confident I could do it, I bought some new socks to make some with and made both types of rattles.



Cute, much?




I love making things for other people, and these sock animals are going to a friend's little daughter.

This is a great sewing project, and even better, you don't have to use a machine! The bell inside the head to make it rattle is pure genius, well done Jill!


This morning, I went fabric shopping! I don't go that often, so it's always a treat to go. :)

Have a look at the yummy fabric I bought!

This size of fabric is called a craft stick.


They're this big!
|
|
|
\ /


I also bought some fabric by the metre, and some matching ribbon. I might use it to make a skirt to enter into Crafterhours' Skirt Week!


Expect projects with yummy fabric to come soon!

:)










28 comments:

  1. Cute! Nice job, and thanks for sharing your link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I had so much fun branching out and trying something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are very cute... love the colors on the sock

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are cute little animals

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hii! I am your newest follower!!! I would love a follow back! http://stashmama.blogspot.com/ Thanks :) Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute much indeed! Great job Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute! they made me smile. thanks for visiting my blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh those little faces are adorable, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thank you everyone for your encouraging comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these. I have to make some. Would love to have you be a guest judge this week for shutter love Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I'm looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done. I love the bunnies' faces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally cute, my girls would love a few of these! I see some stitching in my future :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehe! Go on and try them, they're really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! I made sock animals when my kids were babies. Love finding cute socks.:)

    ReplyDelete