Friday 21 May 2010

Beachy Look Painted Jewellery Box


Have you ever seen paint effects like this and wondered how to do it?


You probably thought it required a lot of skill; I know I did!


However, it is surprisingly easy.

I met up with some of our home-schooling friends to do arts and crafts. One of the mums had bought these jewellery boxes from Yellow Moon for us to paint.

I choose to do a beach look for mine!


All I did was painted white acrylic on, and then straight away applied a light blue layer.  I had mixed a dark blue with more white to get the light blue I wanted. The colours mix and form the beachy look.

The most important thing is to keep the brush strokes the same way!
I applied the paint from side to side on the front and top, and up and down on the sides.
Follow whichever way the wood grain is going; this will give you the best results.


Then you can have a beautiful box to store jewellery, or buttons like me!

Have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Hi! Happy Follow Me Friday! I'm your newest follower! Swing by my by my blog and say Hi. Have a great weekend!

    Bridgette
    The Groschen Goblins
    www.groschengoblins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're my 40th follower. :) Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #41! I'm your new follower & hope you can come follow me! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, followers are going up fast! Welcome Carol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thank you for linking to share your creation. I love the color, you did great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's ok! I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete