Friday 1 January 2010

What to do when you're all sewed out...

Been sewing lots for Christmas?
I know, I have too! I was going to do some tutorials, but I needed a sewing break. So, I made this year's (yes I know, this year's!) Christmas cards out of last year's ones.
That's just a few of them. I made 16 cards and 16 tags in one afternoon. It wasn't even a whole afternoon. :)




I really like these wise men, and the background really finishes it off.





I really like the glittery-ness of this card. I like to do simple cards. I don't know why these photos won't center. Sorry!




This card is so cute!  I really like the way that all the animals are looking in on Mary and Jesus.



This is one of the tags that I made. Looks like the wise men are sneaking off in the back, though!



Here's a teaser for my next tutorial. I finished this cross-stitch on 31st December 2009 at 23:46pm. I know, it's crazy! I just really wanted to get it done, and to see the beginning of a new decade. :)  I started it in February, ages ago. Big cross-stitches like this one take a long time, but they are worth it! Oh, and a tip. Always do the backstitch on them, even if it looks okay without it. The backstitch really brings it alive! I'm going to sew it onto a cushion, and I'll show you how to do that, and how to make the cushion.



Bye for now, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment