Thursday 1 April 2010

Fabric Flower



Are you wondering how I made the fabric flower to go on this beautiful cushion?

Wonder no more!

It's really easy, and doesn't involve much sewing.


These photos show different material, but it is the same technique. I didn't take photos of the blue one because I was experimenting and wasn't sure if it was going to work!

Step One: Cut 6 circles of fabric the same size.


Step Two: To make your petals, fold the circles in half and then half again, with the right side showing.  Stitch in place.



Step Three:
Repeat for four other petals, and stitch them together in the middle, one by one.


Step Four:
When all of your petals are joined, stitch them to the one remaining circle, and add a button to the center.


Your gorgeous flower is now complete! I pinned it to a safety pin and has fun experimenting with where it could go. I tried:

A bag:



I also played about with a flower that I made using this tutorial.

A hairband:


And even on a pair of shoes!


The flower on the left was made with scraps from this cushion, using the same tutorial as the flower on the right, but cutting out circles instead.

Have fun! Oh, and don't forget to enter my giveaway, here!

Want to make some quick and easy last minute Easter cards? Click here!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric flowers! I'm an interior designer and love repurposing too! Come visit my blog if you have time.
    wwww.designlifeinc.blogspot.com
    I'd love a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Just checking out your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete